Hispanic Heritage Month Resources
For our Mercy community, National Hispanic Heritage Month, celebrated from September 15 to October 15, invites us to reflect on and celebrate the richness our Hispanic sisters and brothers bring to the tapestry of the United States.
We are proud of the diversity of our international system of Mercy education ministries, and we honor the history, culture and contributions of Hispanic staff, educators, students and alumni/alumnae at our schools.
Several resources are offered below for our school communities. Please send additional resource suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- From St. Mary Academy – Bay View: All-Ages Stories and Resource List for Hispanic Heritage Month
- National Hispanic Heritage Month – Resources for Teachers
- Teaching and Learning Resources from Smithsonian Latino Center – includes learning labs, virtual museum toolkit, Day of the Dead Resources and more. For elementary school students, check out this learning lab featuring Disney-Pixar’s Coco
- From Education World: Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month!
- From Scholastic: Celebrate Hispanic Heritage curriculum guide and Bring Hispanic Heritage Month to Life – A Collection of Resources
- From History.com: Hispanic Heritage Month
- From the National Register of Historic Places: Properties Significant for Hispanic Heritage
- Video: Mes de la Herencia Hispana (in Spanish / en español)
- From JesuitResource.org: Prayers for Hispanic Heritage Month